Brussels Environment was established in 1989 and is the public administration for environment and energy of the Brussels Capital Region.
Our areas of activity cover the environment in a broad sense, including:
- air quality;
- noise pollution;
- electromagnetic waves;
- waste management planning;
- sustainable production, sustainable construction and sustainable consumption;
- nature and biodiversity;
- animal welfare;
- management of the Sonian Forest, the green spaces and nature areas;
- management of non-navigable watercourses;
- fight against climate change.
All professions in these domains are united under one roof. This wealth makes it possible to treat these activities in a transversal, non-fragmented way.
Are you curious about our administration? Go check out the website of Brussels Environment.